CSA Czech Airlines to develop Edinburgh focus city

Inj85

CSA Czech Airlines to develop Edinburgh focus city

Postby Inj85 » 20 Jun 2015, 21:26

Apart from Adria Airways, Czech Airlines is now also giving it a try in Poland:

CSA Czech Airlines (OK, Prague) says it will commence scheduled operations out of the Scottish city of Edinburgh later this summer. In a statement, the Czech carrier said twice-weekly flights to the Polish towns of Lodz and Rzeszow would commence from July 14 onwards.

“We have known for 
a long time that there is a large Polish community living in Edinburgh, originally from the Podkarpackie region and surrounding areas," Stanisław Nowak, President of Rzeszow-Jasionka International Airport, said. "This direct air connection to Rzeszów will be very good news for the whole Polish community in Scotland, as well as for their families and relatives here in Poland.”

Both routes will operate onboard an A319-100.

Source: ch-aviation.com

Quite interesting to see. Should LOT maybe start focusing on more cities than Warsaw alone?

I have the feeling that this is going to be the trend in the coming years in Europe: smaller carriers start focusing on different markets, as they see their market has simply been fully served. I wonder though if this will work out, especially with all the low-cost carriers around.

Inj85

Re: CSA Czech Airlines to develop Edinburgh focus city

Postby Inj85 » 20 Jun 2015, 21:34

In november, return fare is just under 80 pounds for EDI-RZE flights. Quite doable in my opinion.

Return to “Global”